DEPARTMENT OF ARCHITECTURE
Since 1945, the year in which the department of architecture had its first graduates, our department has contributed to our country in terms of profession with its alumni’s of over 7000. The department of architecture gives undergraduate and graduate education with its 99 faculty members, who are affiliated with four main programs (Arch. Design, Building Construction, History of Architecture and Architectural Conservation). In 2011-2012 academic years, our department had 1007 undergraduate, 409 graduate and 131 doctorate students.
The Science and Technology Institute offers 2 years of graduate (4 semesters; 24 YTU/120 ECTS credits) and 4 years of doctorate (8 semesters; 21 YTU/240 ECTS credits) education with its 9 different graduate programs (Architectural Design, Building Construction, Building Physics, Building Physics non-thesis program, Building Survey and Restoration, History and Theory of Architecture, Building Research and Programming, Computer Aided architectural Design, Housing Production and Building Management).
Beside its educational plan formulated according to its vision and mission, our department also provides various possibilities to students with activities such as seminars, symposiums, congresses, exhibitions, competitions, etc. for their personal improvement and development in professional, social and cultural life.
DEPARTMENT OF CITY AND REGIONAL PLANNING
Since its foundation in 1911, Yıldız Technical University has always been a dynamic institution of higher education. The Chair of Urbanism always had an important role within Faculty of Architecture since the day of its establishment some 68 years ago. The Chair of Urbanism within the Department of Architecture, which started post-graduate education in 1973, has transformed into a separate department, namely “the Department of City and Regional Planning” in 1982, which was the first among the schools architecture in Istanbul.
The Department conducts a self evaluation and updates its program in about every 5 years according to the vision and the mission stated above. The Department has a total 44 staff members; 36 of whom are full – time, including 7 professors, 9 associate professors, 10 assistant professors, 6 research assistant doctors, 10 research assistants and 2 specialists.